A place of questioning....

 3/5/12
Just read this: “When we're in a place of questioning, that's the best place to be. It's a place of constantly striving toward being more like Christ.” The scriptural tie in is Ephesians 5:1 "Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children."

The devotional intended for it to be statement of affirmation to the reader that if questioning whether you are doing enough to fulfill your Christian duty as God purposed you, then it's the best place to be because it means you are growing in Christ. But it made me think that this statement can also apply to questioning whether we understand what God is doing in our lives. Well, not that I'm questioning what God is doing in MY life (because yes, it is about ME), but rather questioning whether I am being faithful and trustful when things don't seem to make sense. Is this wrong and along the lines of what Romans 9:20 is saying "No, don't say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, 'Why have you made me like this?'" Eeek! Well I'm not arguing with God so I'm not questioning the maker as to why things are happening, instead I'm wondering what's happening and how much am I supposed to be doing to change my situation. I know the things I want to do...but are these the things God wants me to do?

And the questions quadruple when I consider my current situation. I am a few weeks away from either: 1) ending this 3-month contract (yes, it's almost been 3 months), 2) being hired full time at this job (no word yet), 3) contract being extended for another few months, 4) walking away without a job.

So the concept of this contract was to extend my time away from any work commitment until I figured things out. I asked for rest, and God gave it to me. I asked for a new perspective, and I have one.

So who exactly am I questioning...myself... or God?

~Chick

Comments

Popular Posts