National Best Friend Day

“When it hurts to look back and you’re scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.” ~author unknown

Apparently June 8th is #nationalbestfriendday‬. Sounds like another Hallmark holiday to me and even the originator of the day cannot be found, sort of like this anonymous quote. As I work through numerous betrayals this year in the area of friendship, I have decided to give the props to the true BFF in my life....The one the quote describes...The one that though has not specifically endured my experiences but knows similar emotions because of his OWN experiences... The one that can fulfill a need BEFORE I even fully understand what it is that I need. The one that KNOWS my secrets, and yet...still thinks I'm worth it... Jesus, my true #BFF.

"Some may wonder whether Jesus Christ can really understand what life is like today. After all, He lived on earth nearly 2,000 years ago. Is it possible for a single male in His early 30s to properly understand a woman’s needs? Can He understand the trauma of divorce or going bankrupt? How much can He understand chronic illness or the ravages of age?" 

Read on for the answer....https://lifehopeandtruth.com/relationships/friendship/your-best-friend/ 

If only we could teach our young early on so they are not affected so terribly in the area of friendships...

<3
~SistaChick

Comments

Popular Posts